I am so lucky! I love being a pediatric dentist. Relationships with patients and their families from a young age is one of the greatest rewards of being a pediatric dentist. I have the opportunity to help kids with their smiles and a lifetime of good oral health. A smile conveys self-confidence, which is such an important part of a child’s success.
If I can be a small part of the reason that a child loves going to the dentist and has a smile they are proud of then I have achieved my goal. My individual approach is to work with each family to find the best method of treatment for their child. I evaluate each decision like I am treating my own child.
I am also fortunate enough to have a wonderful and experienced staff. They share my passion for quality care and making the experience of going to the dentist a positive one. I rely on their skills and knowledge to help us provide quality care for your child.
Education and Honors
- Bachelor of Science – University of Nebraska
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry
- Master of Science in Dental Public Health – University of Iowa
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry – University of Iowa College of Dentistry
- AAPD Leadership Institute (selected attendee) – Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
- Inducted into American College of Dentists, 2012
- Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, 2006
- Past President of the Oregon Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, member
- American Dental Association, member
- Oregon Dental Association and Clackamas & Multnomah Dental Societies, member
Outside the office
I grew up in Nebraska and moved to Oregon to practice private dentistry in 2002. My wife, Dr. Kari Borgen, is an orthodontist in Lake Oswego. We have two sons, Hudson and Bennett. The Northwest gives my family and I many activities to enjoy. Some of our favorite things to do are running, snowboarding or skiing, taking trips to Central Oregon, traveling, and dining at local restaurants. When not doing any of those activities, you will find me cheering on my favorite football team, the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Go Big Red!